Here are a couple of DIY nail tutorials. Whenever the holidays are here, I always have the urge to glitter my nails bright red. I don’t know why, but it makes me feel it’s officially christmas season. Anyway, here it is!
1.First, put a clear coat on your nails, then dab the glitter over them while they’re still wet.
2.Let the glitter dry over the clear coat, and once it’s fully dry put another clear coat over the glitter just to make sure it stays on.
3.Once you’ve finished both hands, and your nails are COMPLETELY dry, then go wash your hands a couple of times, just to get off the excess glitter on your hands. Because there will be lots!
NOTE: If you want them to last- put on an extra clear coat.
If glitter isn’t for you, here is an alternative!
I have another tutorial where I decoupaged all of the Twilight books. haha Don’t judge me, I was sixteen or something… (*sigh*TEAM JACOB)
Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage™
- Clear nail polish
- Printed images on THIN PAPER of Breaking Dawn movies images or Twilight book covers
1. Paint your nails with two coats of your favorite nail polish color, let dry between coats.
2. Print out images for your nails, resize them using a computer program like word or an image program. Size them to fit your nails, cut them out.
3. Using a paintbrush, apply a coat of Collage Pauge to your nail and then affix the image. Use the brush to smooth it out. Make sure all the ends are sealed down.
4. Apply a coat of Collage Pauge on top of the image, let dry. Again, make sure images are sealed down.
5. Add a coat or two of clear nail polish and let dry between coats. This will make them waterproof.
6. If you want, you can add clear glitter polish for an extra “sparkle” effect!
NOTE: They won’t last forever, but about a day or so, especially if you wash your hands a lot.