I am super excited because tonight I get to go to the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part One movie screening! In order to get ready for my big night, I decided to do a Twilight craft and decoupage my fingernails with the images of the Twilight series book covers! I used Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.
Here is how I did it!
– Nail polish in color of your choice
Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage™
– Clear nail polish
– Printed images on THIN PAPER of Breaking Dawn movies images or Twilight book covers
1. Paint your nails with two coats of your favorite nail polish color, let dry between coats.
2. Print out images for your nails, resize them using a computer program like word or an image program. Size them to fit your nails, cut them out.
3. Using a paintbrush, apply a coat of Collage Pauge to your nail and then affix the image. Use the brush to smooth it out. Make sure all the ends are sealed down.
4. Apply a coat of Collage Pauge on top of the image, let dry. Again, make sure images are sealed down.
5. Add a coat or two of clear nail polish and let dry between coats. This will make them waterproof.
6. If you want, you can add clear glitter polish for an extra “sparkle” effect!
NOTE: They won’t last forever, but about a day or so, especially if you wash your hands alot. But still, it’s a fun project to do for when you go see the movie!